If you're trying to update your install of Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, you may get the following message:
These applications must be closed before the software can be installed:
Microsoft Database Daemon
Close these applications and try again"
You can click Install Later or click on Try Again.
IMPROVED WITH COMMUNITY FEEDBACK!
The original solution (listed as Solution 2 below) did not work for some folks, and Christophe Trefois suggested an alternative method, which proved effective. Here's his excellent contribution:
- Open a terminal window
- Enter the following command: launchctl unload Library/LaunchAgents/com.microsoft.LaunchAgent.SyncServicesAgent.plist
- Perform updates
- Enter this command: launchctl load Library/LaunchAgents/com.microsoft.LaunchAgent.SyncServicesAgent.plist
- Close terminal
To close those applications and continue with application update, please follow these steps:
- Run Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor)
- Scroll down until you find Microsoft Database Daemon in the list of active applications
- Click on Microsoft Database Daemon and click on the Quit Process button in the toolbar
- Scroll down until you find the SyncServicesAgent
- Click on SyncServicesAgent, and click on the Quit Process button in the toolbar
Exit Activity Monitor, and return to the update window - click on Try Again to complete your update process.