Room mailboxes have additional settings that can affect scheduling options for those mailboxes. Typically these settings are left untouched, however, there are cases when you will want to modify them - for example, to allow scheduling of resources beyond the default 180 day limit.
There are two ways of modifying resource mailbox options - PowerShell, and Outlook Web App.
Modifying Resource Mailbox Options using Outlook Web App
To modify the resource mailbox options using OWA, follow these steps:
- Sign in to OWA
- Navigate to Options drop-down in the upper right, under your name, and select See All Options
- In the upper left, mouse over Manage Myself link, and choose Another User...
- In the resulting dialog box, choose the resource mailbox (Conference Room A, in this example)
- In the new window, navigate to Settings tab in the left-hand navigation to get to Scheduling Options, Scheduling Permissions, and Response Message.
Now you can set advanced options for your resource mailbox. You can choose to modify the following:
- Scheduling options
- Automatically process meeting requests and cancellations (enabled by default)
- Disable reminders
- Maximum number of days in advance resources can be scheduled (no more than 1080 days; default is 180)
- Always decline if the end date is beyond this limit (enabled by default)
- Limit meeting duration (enabled by default and set to 1440 minutes)
- Allow scheduling only during working hours
- Allow repeating meetings (enabled by default)
- Allow conflicts
- Scheduling Permissions
- Select either everyone or specific users and groups
- Identify who can request the resource with owner approval if the resource is available (this doesn't really apply if the previous setting is set to "Everyone")
- Identify who can schedule automatically, or request owner approval if the resource is unavailable
- Response Message
- Add text to the response message sent in meeting requests
Modifying Resource Mailbox Options using PowerShell
You can use PowerShell to set all of the above options and a few others. See link on help.outlook.com for details.